Spiced Apple Cider Chicken & Chun Mee Steamed Veggies
- 4 Chicken breasts (I used boneless breasts)
- 4 cups Fresh apple cider
- 1 Tbsp Fresh ground black peppercorns
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp DamnGoodPepper Special Blend (DamnGoodPepper.com)
- Brussels sprouts (I used 10 total)
- Baby carrots (I used 12 total)
- 1 Tbsp butter/margarine
- 1 cup Freshly brewed chun mee Chinese green tea (loose leaf preferred)
- Freshly ground sea sale (to taste)
- Allow contents of BOWL 1 to marinade for two to three hours in the fridge
- Place contents of BOWL 1 into a deep skillet/sauce-pan on med-low
- Add contents of BOWL 2 into the skillet/saucepan
- Place contents of BOWL 3 into a small or medium sized pot on med-low
While cooking the chicken should be 50-75% submerged in the apple cider. The cider itself will condense as the liquid boils off, but the flavor will continue to be absorbed by the chicken.
The chun mee Chinese tea gives a deeper vegetal texture that pulls out the sweetness of both the carrots and brussels sprouts. BE CAREFUL not to over-brew the chun mee as it’s a fairly temperamental Chinese green tea which easily becomes a acerbic and bitter which would not serve this meal well.
After about 15min on the stove, both the chicken and the veggies should be ready.
Strain the veggies so there’s no liquid pooling on the plate, and discard any leftover contents of spices and apple cider from the pan with the chicken.
Serve and enjoy!