Some exciting developments over the past couple of weeks. With last week missing an episode of news coverage, I bring you a double dose this week! This week we’ll learn about a writing contest, green tea for baking, a recall and a way green tea is being used to help fight AIDS.
- Maxx Performance of Chester, N.Y has found a way to make green tea more palatable for bakers and chefs. WTN has the scoop!
- Bunn-O-Matic has recalled a tea and coffee maker due to concerns about people burning themselves. The model has been on the market since 2004. The recall hotline at Bunn-O-Matic is (800) 741-3405.
- Hain Celestial has been named the UK’s #1 eco friendly food & beverage company. WTN has more.
- This one’s pretty neat! Great Lakes Tea & Spice has opened a kiosk at the West Bloomfield Hospital in Detroit! WTN has a nice write-up on it.
- A contest is on for tea enthusiasts of a yuonger persuasion to write an essay about tea. The contest is being co-sponsored by Teas-Etc and Laura Schaeffer, the author of the book Tea Shop Girls, which I’ll review soon!
- The Mayo Clinic says that tea’s EGCG compounds have shown to help Leukemia patients!
- Apparently green tea extracts and EGCG compounds are being made into a vaginal gel which may help to prevent the spread of AIDS.
That’s it for this week! I’ll see you tomorrow for my review of Adagio’s Golden Spring.
One thought on “News: A Writing Contest And Green Tea For Baking”